Keys to a GREAT Incentive Promotion!
It may seem easy to say that today’s managers need to be visionary, problem solvers, people leaders, tacticians and financial managers.
Above all the need to meet the challenge of swiftly changing markets.
So what makes their day a great one?
Hassle-free and effective promotions!
Some simple tips on running a GREAT incentive:
- Plan ahead – reacting to pressure and accepting expedient solutions may lead to a temporary solution, but identifying the need/challenge, attaching a budget and describing ALL the players will make the task imminently more DO-able!
- Involve your key players – going it alone may seem expedient, but the buy-in opportunity is lost. People motivate others in direct proportion to their own level of enthusiasm.
- Know what you want to achieve/solve – get the team, including a trusted supplier to work out the real issues. Stay in-the-problem until everyone is clear. The solution will be far more potent.
- Identify the Point Person – determining who will deliver each part of the incentive promotion is key to a smooth running promotion. Communicate with the team what your expectations are; of whom and by when.
- Communicate the expected results – Nothing motivates more that knowing that the participant is within reach of the prize. Let the support staff know as well. They become a valuable impetus to stretch!
- Make a Launch out of it – sometimes it seems expedient to ‘just start’. The added enthusiasm that comes with an internal broadcast launch of the program, its goals, and the incentive rewards, is wonderful to experience. It also makes for a powerful tool to focus the team.
- Build simple program rules – participants and customers will judge the whole organization by the level to which they feel they CAN participate and win. Keep the rules simple so that everyone can readily see ‘What’s in it for me’
- Fulfill your Promises – if everyone knows you can be trusted to deliver, whether an employee or customer, you are in a win-win situation. Make sure to publicize the winners, again whether internally, as in a performance reward scenario or to your market. Your commitment to excellence, customer loyalty and market competitiveness will be there for all to see.